Sari has been published on abc27.com and in the Philadelphia Inquirer, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Harrisburg Patriot-News, Allentown Morning Call, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, and Temple University’s Temple News. She was also a contributing writer at PoliticsPA, an online political news website. A selection of her work for Market News International was published on iMarketnews.com.
Links to nearly 80 of her published clips are below. For a selection of her best work, click here.
- abc27 News is Central Pennsylvania’s most innovative broadcast outlet. abc27 serves its viewers both on air and online utilizing social media, web and broadcast tools to tell stories that are important to the community. abc27 is based in Harrisburg, Pa., which is one of America’s top 50 media markets. Sari has written nearly 800 articles for abc27.com, a selection of which can be found below.
ACLU challenges Pa. law banning gay marriage, July 9, 2013
Drivers, parents support audio recording on school buses, June 21, 2013 (The video that accompanies this story can be viewed here.)
Lititz boy, 7, needs organ transplants, campaigns for donor sign-ups, May 28, 2013 (The video that accompanies this story can be viewed here.)
Bakery owner starts community soup night, gives back, March 29, 2013 (The video that accompanies this story can be viewed here.)
Sandusky asks judge to throw out conviction, October 18, 2012
Sandusky lawyer: not enough time to prepare for trial, January 10, 2013
Judge denies Sandusky appeal for new trial, January 30, 2012
Matt Sandusky says he is victim of father’s abuse, June 21,2012
Sandusky defense: Police tried to guide accusers, June 19, 2012
‘Victim 9’ testifies of abuse, rape by Sandusky, June 14, 2012
Witnesses talk about dropped ’98 investigation of Sandusky, June 14, 2012
Sandusky attorney: alleged victims ‘had issues’, June 11, 2012
Prosecutor makes opening statement in Sandusky trial, June 11, 2012
- With a circulation of over 400,000, the Philadelphia Inquirer is America’s 11th largest newspaper and one of the oldest in the nation. They publish online in cooperation with the Philadelphia Daily News at Philly.com.
State liquor stores should stay, top Senate Republican says, July 22, 2011
Pa. treasurer calls Corbett’s no-new-tax pledge a bad idea, July 25, 2011
Open mic for Mike Turzai, for the blog Commonwealth Confidential on July 27, 2011
Unusual hearing today on privatizing Pa. liquor sales, July 27, 2011
Thanks to ruling, government records harder to get, August 8, 2011
- The Allentown Morning Call is Pennsylvania’s only Tribune-owned newspaper and has an average circulation of 103,000. During my time with them, Capitol Reporter John Micek ran the paper’s Pennsylvania politics blog Capitol Ideas.
More costly to get around, August 1, 2011
Consumers Leaving Cash Lying Around By Not Switching Electricity Suppliers, for Capitol Ideas on August 2, 2011
Introducing Pennsylvania’s First Puppies: Penny and Harry, for Capitol Ideas on August 3,2011
Dog days at guv’s mansion, August 3, 2011
One Big Happy Tea Party?, for Capitol Ideas on August 4, 2011
House Ed Committee Gets Woolly Over Money For Religious Schools, for Capitol Ideas on August 4, 2011
Speaker proposes downsizing state House to 153 members, August 9, 2011
A new way to track state spending, July 11, 2011
- The Harrisburg Patriot-News is Pennsylvania’s capitol city newspaper. It has an average circulation of 93,000 but reaches countless others online. A portion of the work I did for them is available online at PennLive.com.
- PoliticsPA is an online political news blog that covers all things politics in the state of Pennsylvania.
Not Tomorrow: Congressional Redistricting Maps On Hold Again, December 6, 2011
Prospects Dim for Electoral College Plan, November 23, 2011
GOP Coalesces Around Toomey Supercommittee Plan, November 18, 2011
Judicial Candidates Spar over Campaign Contributions, November 2, 2011
Biden Visits York School to Campaign for Jobs Bill, October 18, 2011
- The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review is one of Pittsburgh’s two competing newspapers and has a circulation of 177,000 on the weekend. My work for the paper was also published online at PittsburghLive.
Corbett open to voucher compromise to get legislation passed, June 21, 2011
Turzai appears as supporter at voucher news conference, June 21, 2011
Charter schools on state’s agenda, June 22, 2011
Corbett: School voucher bill well-positioned for passage, June 23, 2011
Corbett gears up for push on school vouchers, June 24, 2011
House passes voter ID bill, June 24, 2011
Time may run out on push for voucher plan, June 25, 2011
Fair Share Act limiting damages in civil lawsuits advances, June 27, 2011
Tentative deal struck on Pennsylvania budget, June 28, 2011
Greene County lawmaker wants his case heard in home county, June 28, 2011
School voucher push stalls, likely halted until fall, June 30, 2011
New Pa. law gives greater control to property owners, July 1, 2011
Pa. voucher issue grows in intensity, July 2, 2011
- The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is the larger of Pittsburgh’s two competing newspapers and has a circulation of 341,000 on the weekend. My work for the paper was also published online at the post-gazette.com and on their politics blog EarlyReturns.
PennEnvironment calls for 62 mpg by 2025, July 6, 2011
Happy 6th anniversary, pay raise!, for EarlyReturns on July 7, 2011
Corbett signs 46 new laws, July 8, 2011
Website to give access to state financial information, July 11, 2011
Criticism poured on state store privatization plan, July 15, 2011
- Market News International is a international wire service that provides, macroeconomic news and analysis to its subsribers. Selected articles were published for public view online at iMarketnews.
US Business Grps Urge Intl Effort vs Discriminatory China Pol, February 17, 2010
US GOP Say Stimulus Should Create Private, Not Govt, Jobs, February 18, 2010
US Small Businesses Group Urges Congress to Avoid Tax Increase, February 23, 2010
US Rep Says Congress Shld Increase Credit Union Lending Cap, February 24, 2010
US Congressional Budget Office Director Predicts Slow Recovery, February 25, 2010
USTR: Congress The Last Resort to Resolve Brazil Threats, March 9, 2010
GE’s Immelt: Future of US Exports Lies In The Emerging World, March 11, 2010
US Hill Aides Worry US Falling Behind in Asia Trade, April 8, 2010
US Economists: Obama Must Fix Trade Imbalance Quickly, April 16, 2010
Complex to offer housing for international students, scholars, October 25, 2010
- InkTank is a news/media-criticism blog written by students and alumni of the Washington Journalism Center.
It’s Healthcare, with a Twist, March 23,2010
It’s All About the Context, April 1, 2010
Washington Post’s Coverage of a D.C. Shooting is Commendable, April 6, 2010
Half the Newspapers in Ten Years?, April 19, 2010
Alumnus Makes it to American Idol Top 24, February 28, 2012
Even Without Training, Employees would Respond Proactively to Sexual Assault, November 29, 2011
Thompson Tells of Soccer After Messiah, November 9, 2011
Renowned Political Scientists Stirs Controversy at Messiah, October 12, 2011
Tuition Increase and Financial Aid, February 26, 2009
Upper Allen Police Department to Increase Campus Patrols, November 5, 2009
Healthcare Bill of 2010 Eliminates Student Loan Program, April 8, 2010